- Parks, Recreation, and Public Facilities
- Programs and Activities
- Red Cross Learn-to-Swim
Red Cross Learn-to-Swim
The Paul Stock Aquatic and Recreation Center is pleased to offer a variety of swim classes and programs for all ages and abilities. From the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program to Parent-Tot, we offer a class for everyone.
American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety Program
- Learn to be safe in, on, or around water
- Program covers skills and knowledge in a logical progression
- Participants become safer and better swimmers
- Progress according to ability and at the discretion of the water safety instructor
Lessons are taught during open swim hours. Staff ensures there is adequate room to teach these classes as well as provide space for the public. Please be aware and courteous to those teaching and participating in the Learn-to-Swim program.
During swim lessons, there will no longer be open swim in the leisure pool from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the summer and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM in the fall and winter. Limited lap swimming as well as the hot tub and therapy pool will still be available. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Aquatic staff will pretest all kids following the skills criteria outlined by the American Red Cross and group children into classes that most closely match their skill level; we'll make sure your young swimmer gets into the best class for his/her skills
- Please register for the level set you feel best matches your swimmer; if your child has not been swimming for some time, their skills likely have diminished, and they may need to repeat a level
- Classes are limited and fill on a first-come basis
- Enrolling for multiple sessions does not guarantee placement in the next level; this can only happen if there is space available in the level passed
- Times and dates of swimming activities are subject to change to meet the demands of the pool and programs
- Parents are welcome to watch lessons from outside the hallway windows
Private and Semi-Private Lessons (Unavailable until Fall 2023)
- One-on-one and small group instruction for all ages and abilities
- Youth (3 to 14 years old) and adult (15 years of age and older) options
- Half-hour, 45-minute and 1-hour lessons scheduled on certain dates
- Prices vary; visit with staff for additional details
Shoshone Recreation District Free Swim Lessons
- Eight free lessons after school, Monday through Thursdays (dates and times vary)
- 2nd and 3rd graders, per school
- Information provided through schools; register at Recreation Center
- Children welcome to enjoy rest of Recreation Center amenities following lessons free of charge!
Home School Lessons
- Special swim classes for home school children
- $12.50/mo. per child for members
- $15.00/mo. per child for nonmembers