The Office of the Chief of Police is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM with the exception of City-recognized holidays. Requests for information may be made in person, via telephone, mail, fax or email. Payment is required prior to receipt of information.
Not all information may be released per Federal and State guidelines. Please provide as much information as possible regarding the incident for which the information is being requested when completing the Public Information Request Form (e.g., date(s), location(s), name(s) of person(s) involved, etc.). This information will allow us to locate the requested information much more quickly. Anonymous requests will not be processed.
The following is a schedule of fees for information and services provided by the records department of the Cody Police Department. The inclusion of an item on this list does not guarantee the information will be available to be released.
- Disc reproduction: $10/DVD
- Fax fee: $2/fax, up to five pages
- $0.25/page for more than five pages
- Notary signature: $5/signature
- Black/white photocopies: $1 for first page, $0.50/subsequent page
- Color photocopies: $1.50 for first page, $0.75/subsequent page
- Creation of electronic documents or export of data: $20.00 minimum up to 1 hr., $5.00/15 min. of additional time
- Crime reports will be released with City Attorney and/or County Attorney approval only, and the process for obtaining this approval may take extra time
- Please allow five to seven working days from time of incident before requesting report
- Reports will be released only after receipt of payment
- Wyoming traffic accident reports may be released to any person or owner involved in the accident or an authorized agent (reports are typically eight pages long and will cost $4.50)